Kaytee Exact Hand Feeding Formula High Fat
Features and Benefits:
- Balanced high-nutrient formula helps babies grow faster, wean earlier and develop stronger, brighter plumage
- Kaytee® is a Veterinarian Recommended Brand
- Contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms.
- Digestive enzymes are included to ensure adequate digestion of carbohydrates and proteins. These enzymes offer a particular value to a newly hatched baby or in a bird experiencing digestive difficulties.
- This product is formulated for use with: Baby Parrots (including Parakeets, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Conures, Cockatoos, Macaws, Amazons, African Greys, and other Psittacines) & Baby Passerines.
Baby birds should be fed on a routine schedule allowing the chick's crop to empty (or nearly empty) between feedings and to determine if bird is being fed the right amount. This prevents any food remaining too long in the crop and possibly spoiling. If the time between crop emptying suddenly increases, and the crop appears to be slowing down, observe the chick closely.
Depending on feeding practices, Exact High Fat Hand Feeding Formula can be used to extend the time between feedings or reduce the total number of feedings per day when compared to other formulas.
- Feed mixture with a clean, disinfected syringe, spoon, tube, or other comfortable method. A separate implement should be used for each baby to prevent the spread of disease.
- Dispense food along with the chick's feeding response (rhythmic bobbing motion). This is more natural and decreases the likelihood of formula being inhaled.
- Feed until the chick's crop is nicely rounded or it refuses any more food, whichever comes first. Do not overfeed or regurgitation may occur. Generally, each meal should consist of a volume equivalent to 10-12% of the bird's body weight.
- Clean and sanitize feeding equipment after use. Clean any spilled food from the chick and change bedding after each feeding. Good hygiene is critical for a baby bird's health.
Ground Wheat, Ground Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Wheat Middlings, Ground Peanuts, Ground Hulled Sunflower, Coconut Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Molasses Beet Pulp, Ground Flax Seed (Source of Omega-3), Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Wheat Germ Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Salt, Fructooligosaccharide, Yeast Extract, Potassium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Arginine, Potassium Chloride, Propionic Acid (Preservative), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K activity), Niacin, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid, Ethoxyquin (Preservative), Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3), Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product.
Crude Protein (min.): 22.0% | Crude Fat (min.): 16.0% | Crude Fiber (max.): 5.0% | Moisture (max.): 10.0% | Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.): 0.5% | Total Bacillus Species (min.): 250,000 CFU/g (B. licheniformis, B. subtilis) CFU - Colony Forming Units