Digesteaze Enzyme Supplement Dog & Cat
Digesteaze is indicated as a digestive aid where digestion of protein, carbohydrates and fat is inadequate due to EPI. Supplementation with pancreatic enzymes results in the digestion of dietary fat, proteins and carbohydrates and makes these essential nutrients systemically available.
Directions for use:
- Add one level measure (about 3.5 grams) of Digesteaze to each meal for animals weighing more than 10 kg and half a measure for animals less than 10 kg.
- In cases where large dog breeds (> 10 kg) do not respond to treatment, the dose may be increased to 7 g of DigestEaze.
- Add to moistened food (canned or dry) and mix thoroughly to bring enzymes in close contact with the food.
- The dose may be increased if no improvement is noted.
- If diarrhoea ceases and weight gain is observed over a two-week period, the regimen may be maintained and the dose decreased gradually to achieve the lowest effective dose.
- Pre-incubation — allowing the food-enzyme mixture to stand for 15 – 20 minutes before feeding, reportedly improves the outcome, although this has not been clinically proven.
Each level measure contains Amylase 25,000 units, Protease 25,000 units and Lipase 3,250 units.