What is an ageing/geriatric pet?
These days our pets are living much longer as a result of better nutrition, development vaccines, more responsible ownership, and improved and more readily available veterinary care. Because the ageing process varies with breed, size and lifestyle, the age at which an animal is considered geriatric is also variable. A geriatric health care programme could begin at the following ages:
|Breed Size||Weight||"Geriatric Age"|
|Small dogs||Under 10kg||9 to 13 years|
|Medium dogs||10kg to 20kg||9 to 11.5 years|
|Large dogs||20kg to 40kg||7.5 to 10.5 years|
|Giant dogs||over 40kg||6 to 9 years|
|Cats (most breeds)||-||8 to 10 years|
How does Gerivet work?
Gerivet powder was formulated specifically for geriatric animals. As they become older, their need for certain vitamins, minerals and other micro-nutrients increases. At the same time appetite decreases so their intake of these nutrients is lessened. Gerivet can make up for the deficiency of these micro-nutrients by providing high doses of the essential vitamins and nutrients required for intra-cellular nutrition, as well as supplying other factors, which have been shown to be beneficial to the ageing process.
What are some of Gerivet’s ingredients?
Gerivet provides high doses of essential vitamins and nutrients, which include the following:
- Biotin — improves skin and coat condition.
- Choline — for liver function.
- MSM — helps to increase stamina, delays the onset of tiredness, and alleviates symptoms of arthritis (in both animals and humans, MSM has been used for some years to reduce inflammation and to relieve other musculoskeletal problems).
- Procaine — improves mental function in the aged.
- Vitamin E + Selenium — together they enhance each other’s action to protect cells against toxins.
- Zinc — at the dose found in Gerivet, zinc helps to build up the immune system, which is of benefit to wound-healing and in arthritis.
How do you use Gerivet?
The powder should be given sprinkled over food, in the following dosages:
Dogs up to 9kg and cats: 2,5g (half a medicine measure) daily
Dogs 10kg - 30kg: 5g (1 medicine measure) daily
Dogs 30kg - 40kg: 7,5g (1,5 medicine measures) daily
Dogs over 40kg: 10g (2 medicine measures) daily.
250g with measure
Store in a cool dry place (below 25°C) away from direct sunlight.