Virbac Nutribound Recovery Liquid for Cats
Features and Benefits:
- Amino acid: Precursor of nitric oxide having an important role in immune function and cell division.
- Taurine: An organic substance having antioxidant properties and essential for the cardiovascular system; has an important function for skeletal muscles, the retina, and the central nervous system.
- Glutamine: An important role for the maintenance of the integrity of the gastrointestinal tract and the immune system.
- Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3 and Omega 6): These fatty acids are required for biological processes like phospholipid and sterol building blocks for cellular growth and repair, and for the synthesis of prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and thromboxanes.
- Prebiotics (Inulin, Oligo fructose): Prebiotics are natural soluble fibres found in low concentrations in many plants that stimulate the growth and activity of which are beneficial to the health and bacteria in the digestive system.
- Vitamins: Vital organic compounds required by an organism that must be obtained from the diet, or specific supplementation.
- No artificial preservatives or colouring agents were added.
Directions for use :
To open the bottle for the first time, unscrew the white cap and perforate the safety film.
- Shake well before use. Sedimentation is normal.
- Measurement. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought in case of doubt about the animal’s condition.
A daily intake of 6 ml per kg body weight is recommended, in one or several intakes. Nutribound® can be given pure, with water or poured on the food. Water should be available at all times.
Use the cup inside the box for an accurate measurement and give Nutribound® as follows:
|Bodyweight (kg)||Quantity of Nutribounds|
Nutribound® can be given during the convalescence period, from the earliest stage and until a return to a usual diet occurs. The recommended protocol is divided into 3 phases:
- Start-up: From the first hours of the convalescence period the cat can be given Nutribound® in order to achieve rehydration and the supply of the essential nutrients.
- Follow-up: After 48 hours, introduction of feeding is necessary. To increase tolerance in heavily affected animals, small and repeated intakes of high energy and highly digestible nutrients are recommended in addition to Nutribound®.
- Transition: Nutribound® can be given with the usual diet to help the pet to return to its normal diet.
Meat and animal derivatives (4,07 %), derivatives of vegetable origin (6,70 %), oils and fats (1,50 %), minerals (0,62 %), chicory inulin (0,3 %), fructo- oligosaccharides (0,11 %).